PM MODI flats Scheme Housing for all 2022 PMAY
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY) renamed from Housing for all by 2022 scheme has been launched by the government. The PM Awas Yojna aims to provide affordable homes to about 20 million families within next 7 years i.e. from 2015 to 2022. EWS and LIG categories of the urban society will be the main beneficiaries of the scheme.
Below are the quick links to access the detailed information about PM Awas Yojna 2015 housing scheme such as subsidy information, loan facility, facilities of the housing projects, application forms and procedure and much more.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana or Housing for all by 2022 Scheme – Introduction
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna is an ambitious housing scheme under which the government will create affordable housing units for urban poor. However, entire urban area consisting of 4041 statutory towns will be covered under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna but initial focus will be on developing housing units in 500 selected cities in the phased manner as below.
- Phase 1: Under the phase one of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, housing units will be created in the selected 100 cities in the period from April 2015 to March 2017
- Phase 2: The next phase of PM Awas Yojna will cover about 200 cities or more and will take place from April 2017 to March 2019.
- Phase 3: The final phase of Pradhan Mantri Awas yojana Scheme, housing units will be developed in the remaining cities between April 2019 to March 2022.
The phase wise selection of cities will be done based upon the current population, current capacity, housing units requirement, urbanization rate and other factors which will be assessed thoroughly by the designate state governments and assessing bodies.
Beneficiaries of PM Awas Yojna
The main beneficiaries of housing for all scheme will be:
- Women including widows.
- Transgender families.
- People belonging to Scheduled Casts (SC).
- People belonging to Scheduled Tribes (ST).
- Urban homeless families belonging to the economically weaker section (EWS) and lower income group (LIG) categories of the society.
Under the PM Awas Yojna scheme, the allotment of homes will be done on the name of the female head of the household or in the joint name of women and his husband.
Subsidy/Loan and EMI under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna
- Government will provide interest Subsidy of 6.5 percent on housing loan availed for 15 years.
- A central assistance will be provided to the beneficiaries from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2.30 lakh under the different components.
- A central assistance of Rs 1.50 lakh would be provided to each eligible urban poor beneficiary to enable him build his own house or undertake improvements to existing houses.
- Under the fourth category of subsidy, 35 percent of dwelling units of the affordable projects under the scheme will be earmarked for EWS category.
Below are the four components of the subsidy/loan under the scheme
- Component 1: Central Grant of Rs. 1 Lakh on an average would be provided to every eligible beneficiary.
- Component 2: Interest at the rate of 6.50% will be provided to EWS & LIG via credit linked subsidy scheme for a home loan for 15 Years.
- Component 3: Central Assistance of 1.50 lakh will be provided to each beneficiary for promoting housing stock for urban poor, provided 35 percent of dwelling units of the projects proposed are earmarked for EWS category.
- Component 4: Central Assistance of Rs. 1.50 lakhs will be provided to eligible urban poor, who want to build new house or undertake improvements of existing houses.
Under the PM Awas Yojna, differently-abled and older persons of the society will be given preference in the allotment of ground floors under the PM Awas Yojana Scheme. The housing units constructed under the scheme will also witness the use of more eco friendly, innovative and sustainable housing construction technologies.
pradhan mantri awas yojana in hindi,
pradhan mantri awas yojana gurgaon,
pradhan mantri awas yojana form,
pradhan mantri awas yojana online form,
pradhan mantri awas yojana application form,
pm awas yojana,
pradhan mantri awas yojana guidelines,
pradhan mantri awas yojana list 2016,